Monday, July 27, 2009

While Minutes Die (Villanelle)


As I sit solemnly while minutes die
I have to fight to free myself from you
Through silence your voice waits for my reply

I hear you calling but I can’t comply
You loved me, loved me not, till I withdrew
Now I sit solemnly while minutes die

With nothing else to say I said goodbye
Now you expect me to come back to you
Through silence your voice waits for my reply

Each word of love a lie, a lie, a lie
I swallowed every syllable untrue
Now I sit solemnly while minutes die

My longing tick tocks fantasies where I
Can trust my heart to tell me what to do
Through silence your voice waits for my reply

Conjoined heartbreak distant and nearby
You want my love to come to your rescue
As I sit solemnly while minutes die
Through silence your voice waits for my reply.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...