
Daddy threw me down the stairs today.
I didn't know childhood wasn't supposed to hurt.
There's no reason why it happened, but it did.
Chronic pain, the gift of yesterday.
I didn't know childhood wasn't supposed to hurt.
They said my pain was cuz I was growing bigger now.
Chronic pain, the gift of yesterday
"Quit pretending, it's all inside your head!"
They said my pain was cuz I was growing bigger now.
I limped and fell for weeks, and then I stopped.
"Quit pretending, it's all inside your head!"
My body found a way to heal itself.
I limped and fell for weeks, and then I stopped.
I've learned to live with pain since I was small.
My body found a way to heal itself.
My mind concealed the hell I couldn't face.
I've learned to live with pain since I was small.
While thinking this was how life was meant to be.
My mind concealed the hell I couldn't face
Until I faced the truth and found my voice.
While thinking this was how life was meant to be,
I never dreamt my friends weren't bruised like me
Until I faced the truth and found my voice.
The lives they lived were free of pounding hands.
I never dreamt my friends weren't bruised like me.
I thought they kept them hidden beneath their clothes
The lives they lived were free of pounding hands
Or the need to hide the scars because of shame.
I thought they kept them hidden beneath their clothes
Long-sleeved shirts were worn in summertime.
The need to hide the scars because of shame
Which was something foreign to everyone, but me.
Long-sleeved shirts were worn in summertime.
Concealing everything, a childhood game.
Which was something foreign to everyone, but me.
I didn't have the voice but now I do.
Concealing everything, a childhood game.
I don't know why it happened, but it did.
I didn't have the voice but now I do.
Daddy threw me down the stairs today.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.