Monday, July 27, 2009

Long Before Bells


Ravings and rampaging and screaming and tears
Arguing and maligning and silences and bells
All part of the swell of the throb in my brain
All part of the pain
All part of the pain
You want me to share.
You want me to tell.
You want me to trust,
Without fear
Without fear
But oh my kind dear
I just don't know how.
I just don't know how.
I'm so full of ringing doubts
That cling
Like a spot
Like a spot
Like a spot
That can't be scoured out
Of the whitest white sheet
Where hell and I meet
And have met long before.

You want me to share.
You want me to tell.
You want me to trust.
Without fear
Without fear
But oh my sweet dear
I just don't know how.
I just don't know how
So I leave and I bow
My head and my heart
So sure that you're tired of my hell and my fear
Yet oh my good dear,
I could love you so well,
If not for my fear,
If not for my hell,
If not for my doubts,
And my stained pure white sheet
Where hell and I meet
And have met long before.

Long before bells and long before tears
Long before living in this atmosphere
Long before I began to beg and implore
And long before spots
That can't be scoured out
Of the purest white sheet
Where hell and I meet
And I have met long before.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...