Saturday, July 25, 2009

Stone Fire (Haibun)

I am born of molten stone. Fire breathes. Daddy breaths. Fire dies. I remain. My father told me he loved me with his hands. Everyday he’d come home scarred from burning steel embers. Embers burst. I burst. I am born a woman strong. I am born of molten stone.

Daddy drunken cry
From season to season tears
Weeping while I watched

I am born of white-fire scream. Fire hisses. Mommy hisses. Fire dies. I remain. My mother told me she loved me with words made of stone. Everyday she’d come home with words scarred from burning steel sparks. Sparks burn. I burn. I am born a woman strong. I am born of white-fire scream.

Mommy poison tongue
Winter spring unceasingly
Cowered by her words

I am born of fire and stone. Fire blazes. I blaze. Fire dies. I remain. Everyday I am home inside a skin of scars. Though I am my parents' child, I am born a woman strong. I came forth from my own hands. I came forth with my own words. What they’ve taught me I’ve made my own. I am born of molten stone. I am born of white-fire scream. I am born of fire and stone.

I walk alone
Autumn summer paths I make
Each step is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...