
I am the voice you miss in the dark
The syllables of comfort silenced
As you covered by mouth with angry hands
I am the thoughts of love squashed beneath uncaring restless feet.
March on cruel traveler
Continue to slam the once open doors of welcoming
They won’t be open to you again.
You have made it so.
You are the one who slammed them shut
Even as I, your host, tried to accommodate you
Fault finding is your art
Ingratitude the manifestation of your own want
I could give you every aspect of myself
I have given you every aspect of myself
It isn’t enough to make you who you want to be
You won’t find the cure for your inequities here
Only I am here
With my strength and solemnity
Which you and your vampire fangs can’t drink
Leech off other throats
Find sustenance from other lives
If you can
As I stand in my doorway
Defiantly refusing to move aside for you anymore
There is no place for you to rest inside my walls
You must find yourself lodging elsewhere
As you must find yourself elsewhere
Journey on alone
Without me
I tried to walk beside you
I couldn’t keep up with your needs
Now I am happily left behind
I am where I want to be
I hope you find your resting place
Even if it isn’t with me
March on.







This is excellent! I love strong-woman poetry. And I'm thinking I know who this is for...
ReplyDelete