Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dream of Ancient Turtles (Pantoum)


I cannot pause for thinking bars my way
Back to shadows where lonely paths have crossed
Is this the time when I am free to roam
This vast terrain of possibilities?

Back to shadows where lonely paths have crossed
Where waking is the enemy of hope
The vast terrain of possibilities
Such sweetness lingers poisoning each day

Where waking is the enemy of hope
This consciousness a loathsome wanton fog
Such sweetness lingers poisoning each day
I walk on ground where others walked alone

This consciousness a loathsome wanton fog
I have returned to ancient peacefulness
I walk on ground where others walked alone
We join our hands and circle once again

I have returned to ancient peacefulness
With Old Ones I'm reborn and freely breathe
We join our hands and circle once again
The former things I lost return to me

With Old Ones I'm reborn and freely breathe
An ancient Turtle guides me home again
The former things I lost return to me
My heart is sure beneath this harvest moon

An ancient Turtle guides me home again
Into a glade of roving shell and bone
My heart is sure beneath this harvest moon
I do not fear returning to the dawn

Into a glade of roving shell and bone
Where every step I take is treacherous
I do not fear returning to the dawn
As Turtle guides me gently to myself

Where every step I took was treacherous
I now can pause for nothing bars the way
As Turtle guides me gently to myself
Now is the time when I am free to roam.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...