Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Sacrifice



We are forbidden
            I am forbidden
But my heart will not be shackled
                        It will not be bound
                                 You hold it in your hands
Soothe my spirit.


Others have intruded
            They were always there
                        As prayers
                                    Voices
In the calm
            Of sleepiness
                        With my eyes wide open
                                    I fell into you
                                                Us


I knew the ground was there
            Inevitable as thunder
                                                I leapt
Knowing
            That I couldn’t stay afloat
You were there.
                          You have such strong hands.


You taught me to love.
            Nurture me, my sweet gardener
                        Until blossom after blossom
                                    Opens and unfolds
Revealing secret places
            Just for you
                        Alone


You treasure and accept
            Me
                        As I am
                                    Without judgment

I love you more than frogs.


I didn’t hide us
            Didn’t want to hide us

From the foreseeable

I ignored it
Thought I’d wished it away
Believed that loving you
Made it disappear
That God would bless us
With joy


There is no future
            There is no hope

Is there really no hope?


Your voice is nectar
I drink in each syllable
What do you say?
How your day was
            What your dreams are
                 That you love me
                       I am reborn with each phrase.


Cradle me
Make me smaller than memory
Take me back to the beginning of us
When possibilities could not be bound

Gentle my soul.


The truth is as simple as this;
            Losing you
                        Will be the death of me.


But there is another truth
One I do not easily face
                        I will not die.
Even if I wish it
                                                I will not die.
I will go on
                        Somehow
Even as I continue
Loving you
                        
Past all hope.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderfully heartfelt love poem. It overflows with truest emotions of someone so beloved, and it whispers sweet, "I'll never let you go." Wondrous writing Rach.

    jkb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you James. That one came from gut. I remember when I wrote it was I crying.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...