Saturday, July 25, 2009

Much Stronger Than Thunder (Pantoum)



Since I am much stronger than thunder
My heart rages endlessly burning
As lightning bolts shatter the distance
Some fires can be quelled without dying.

You soothe me with barely a whisper
Your eyes, like a lion’s, entice me
Stirring, igniting past dreaming
One word and I’m shivering, hungry.

Your eyes, like a lion’s, entice me
Beyond all the stillness of mourning
One word and I’m shivering, hungry
There is nothing to do but surrender.

Beyond all the stillness of mourning
Were memories clouding my vision,
There is nothing to do but surrender
Though in truth I am stronger beside you.

Were memories clouding my vision?
I was blind to the fact that you loved me
Though in truth I am stronger beside you
I am born and reborn as you hold me.

I was blind to the fact that you loved me
Your heart reached to mine and I answered
I am born and reborn as you hold me
Your hand holding mine is a blessing.

Your heart reached to mine and I answered
I am born and reborn in embracing
Your hand holding mine is a blessing
As we walk through storm clouds together.

The past disappears into nothing.
While lightning bolts shatter the distance
As we walk through storm clouds together
For we are much stronger than thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...