
Knock me down upon the floor?
I'm still here, though I'm black and blue.
I bet you thought that I was through.
And I'd given up what I'd fought for.
So was that the best you could do?
You ensnared me with "I love you,"
and held me close by declaring war.
I'm still here, though I'm black and blue.
Your violence was impromptu
with fists and feet and blood and gore.
So was that the best you could do?
My mirror gave me a slit eyed view
of the hellishness I’ve lived before.
I'm still here, though I'm black and blue.
Your love was like a wrecking crew,
But I left the building and closed the door.
So was that the best you could do?
I'm still here, though I'm black and blue.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.