
I've birthed from light of day till dusk of dawn
The seeds were planted deeply held and fine
He didn’t run away, just simply gone
The gifts he left are beautiful and fine.
Between my thighs a rampant earthen stream
Of bloody water's rush and agony
One final push and one horrific scream
That freed them from their home inside of me.
My breasts are bountiful and nourishing
My children feast on bitter fruit and pain
No solace can I give, no comfort bring
I've brought them to a world of grief and shame.
I'll work until I die to give them all
Of what I can provide of sustenance
Though sometimes I may stumble, I may fall
The lives I've birthed will conquer circumstance.
He didn’t run away, just simply gone
The gifts he left are beautiful and fine.
Between my thighs a rampant earthen stream
Of bloody water's rush and agony
One final push and one horrific scream
That freed them from their home inside of me.
My breasts are bountiful and nourishing
My children feast on bitter fruit and pain
No solace can I give, no comfort bring
I've brought them to a world of grief and shame.
I'll work until I die to give them all
Of what I can provide of sustenance
Though sometimes I may stumble, I may fall
The lives I've birthed will conquer circumstance.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.