
It wasn't supposed to be this way.
I walked away with such confidence
That you'd follow me out and coax me back in.
But you just stood there and then closed the door.
I walked away with such confidence.
You couldn't live without me, or so I thought.
But you just stood there and then closed the door.
Is it really that easy to let me go?
You couldn't live without me, or so I thought.
You said that we were predestined to be.
Is it really that easy to let me go?
Were all your declarations of love an assortment of lies?
You said that we were predestined to be.
You knew that you loved me before we spoke.
Were all your declarations of love an assortment of lies,
taken from a crumpled Valetine's Box?
You knew that you loved me before we spoke.
It took me much longer to surrender my love
which was taken from a crumpled Valentine's box.
Love isn't always an easy thing to approach.
It took me much longer to surrender my love
When I did then your attitude towards me changed.
Love isn't always an easy thing to approach
When you're not sure what you'll find when you're there.
When I did your attitude towards me changed.
I was a country to explore without permission
When you're not sure what you'll find when you're there.
You climbed me with boots, and then stuck your flag in.
I was a country to explore without permission.
A place you had been dreaming of traveling to.
You climbed me with boots and then stuck your flag in.
While I laid back and burnt beneath your passion.
A place you had been dreaming of traveling to.
Where flickering embers light up the night sky
While I laid back and burnt beneath your passion.
Sometimes a flame can comfort and scorch.
Where flickering embers light up the night sky.
You'd follow me out and coax me back in.
Sometimes a flame can comfort and scorch.
It wasn't supposed to be this way.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.